Diploma in Biotechnology is an emerging technology. Which involves the knowledge from life sciences along with inputs from the chemical engineering, instrumentation, information technology etc. For the application in agriculture, food industry, Medicine, Pharmaceuticals and bulk chemical industries and environment conservation. The syllabus has been approved by BTE and BIOCON – a major Biotech Industry.
Diploma in Biotechnology is developed from biology. Traditionally, classical biotechnology involves the process and products of fermentation. Nowadays, advance biotechnological processes apply the understanding of cellular and biomolecular processes to solve problems or make products. Students in the Diploma in Biotechnology [DBIO] programme will learn the fundamentals in the biological sciences grounded in the understanding of the natural sciences. It will kindle an understanding of life processes that will reveal what is possible with the knowledge of biology.
- Student aspiring for career in Biotechnology should have a scientific aptitude and a keen interest in the biological sciences.
- Some other aspects like problem solving skills, information technology skill, analyzing and interpreting skills are also essential for a successful career in this field.
- The candidate should be methodical and patient by nature, able to work neatly and accurately and have a flair for laboratory work.
- The ability to work independently is another important aspect. The knowledge of computers in work is a must.
Nature of Job
- Exploring the living organisms world for the benefit of mankind.
- Nurturing the skills for upcoming technology.
- Apply the principles and methods to other fields.
- Biotechnology laboratory.
- Molecular biology laboratory.
- Human anatomy laboratory.
- Physiology laboratory.
- Environmental toxicology laboratory.
- Applied Science.
- Applied Mathematics, English.
Life Science Subjects
- Cell Biology.
- Molecular Biology & Genetic Engg.
- Upstream & Downstream Process Tech.
- Separation Tech.
Chemical Engg. Subjects
- Unit Operation.
- Momentum Transfer.
- Bioprocess & Calculations.
- Health Diagnostics.
Eligibility & Admission
Pass in SSLC / 10th or equivalent examinations where in the student should have studied Mathematics and Science.
As the programme equips graduates with a broad biotechnology foundation, graduates can pursue further studies at universities, both here and abroad, in biological and life sciences and many other disciplines.